Luckily for me, I have a great cheese guy at Whole Foods in Union Square. He recommended this killer cheese because it tasted like the toppings of a baked potato. I, of course, went a little overboard and ended up with this a few hours later...



Before I begin, I have got to tell you about Cotswold cheese. This English cheese is made from whole milk and has chives and onions in it. IT smelled so good that I absolutely had to buy it! Look at how pretty the slices of chives are:



Ok, so, because this is called the OMFbakedpotato I had to be serious when I was choosing my ingredients. I decided to go with:

-Cotswold Cheese
-uncured bacon (the cheese is salty enough!)
-sour cream
-butter
-potato bread



To make this sammie true to it's name I smeared some sour cream on both sides of the bread.



And then I laid the cheese down on each side to make a yummy cheesy glue so the bacon wouldn't fall out.



Next I laid that crispy bacon down on the cotswold.



Once I pressed them together I spread some butter on the the outer pieces of bread (you can also just use sour cream for this part too, it works!) I put it on the skillet which was set on medium.



I let it sit on the stove untouched until it was bronzed, then I flipped that baby!



Once it was equally golden I took it off the stove and let it sit for about a minute (or I tried at least, it just smelled so damn good). Once I couldn't wait any longer I sliced it and witnessed the miracle of cheese melting occur before my very eyes.



Enjoy!



xoxo,

GCS