I blame the adrenalin. Really I do.
What else could have prompted me to do this mid fun run, and as a consequence end up in our newspaper the next day?

(photo courtesy of The West Australian)
Interestingly it was captioned "a lighthearted moment."
Which it was.
Most of the run was sheer,bloody concentration and focus.
See evidence below:
The night before the run I re-read sections of my idol Dean Karnazes book and a few sentences about calling on my inner reserves of courage when I hit a wall stayed with me.
All through the run whenever I felt tired I would keep thinking was it time? Was it time for me to recall his exact words or could I carry on without them? And for 14 whole kilometres I was able to do without them. My stats show that when I met my pacer, the girl in the red tank-top I actually ran the second half much faster than the first half. I hit a wall entering the final stretch coming into the stadium. My feet felt like cement and I. Just. Wanted. To. Stop.
And I remembered his words and then something magic happened. I heard a cheer go up for me and suddenly my feet had wings.
I sprinted the last part of the run.
Thanks mum and dad.
My official time was 1 hour and 45 minutes.
I trained for a 14km fun run in just over 7 weeks. It's 3 months to the half marathon.
I can't wait.