One of my favourite people in the whole world Danielle very kindly nominated me for The Honest Scrap Award. I love being nominated for things!!! I am supposed to tell you 10 things about me that you may not know that are true.

1. I am a big crybaby. This often works against me because when I am furiously angry I cry. Then the other person gets worried about me and I can't articulate why I am seething usually because I'm crying. It's very frustrating.

2. I used to wear gold jewellery but always (secretly) preferred silver and platinum. I've slowly but surely switched all my jewellery to this. The last precious item I need is a new wedding band. My husband bought me a new engagement ring at Christmas. I'm hoping for the ring for this coming Christmas (from the same husband of course).

3. I HATE my feet. They are seriously ugly. I have hideous bunions and I nearly always wear closed over shoes. Perfect for living in a hot sunny climate.

4. I am Irish. I've lived in Australia (on and off) since I was 2 though. I'm fiercely proud of my heritage.

5. I love political biographies. They fascinate me. I've pretty much read all there is to read on the Clinton Administration. If you have any suggestions for ones about the Bush administration let me know. However I have not and will not blog about my political preferences on my blog. Though I will say I'm watching events in Iran with huge interest.

6. I love rhyme. I once taught an entire English lesson speaking in rhyme. My class was hysterical by the end of it. I was exhausted. I've often thought about applying to Hallmark cards because I think I could write great verses for them.

7. I'm about to start an intense running training programme for the next 7 weeks and I'm scared out of my brain.

8. I broke my toes earlier this year. I know when the rain is coming because they start to ache. I used to laugh at people who said this, but it's true.

9. I used to be a competitions junkie. I won everything from plasma televisions to fantastic holidays overseas. I rarely enter them now though. Occasionally I will enter something but these days it's just for fun. I look back and laugh at how seriously I used to take it.

10. I still can't figure out if it was a miracle/fate/destiny that put me back in touch with my old student Carly. Whatever it was/is I know the work I'm doing now is where I am meant to be. At 34 I feel a huge sense of peace about where my life is going.

I know I'm meant to nominate others for this award. But being the sensitive sort I'd hate to give an award if it isn't wanted I'm checking that you want it first! I'll update this blog post later today xx
I'm nominating BabyMakinMachin because quite frankly, I find her blog intriguing. And I want to know how it all works out for her!
I'm also nominating Monica who I love. Because. Just because.
Hope's Mama because her blog is all about her honesty. She's on a journey I haven't been on and I can only follow her in awe. I'm also nominating Raechel because to me she epitomises what it means to be a friend.

ps one of the things I've noticed is that sometimes my spelling differs markedly from American spelling. I'd like to clarify, this does NOT mean I cannot spell correctly. It's just where I'm from we like to add the letter "u" to things (sort of like an extra ingredient) so favourite/honour are spelt like this. And THIS is the right way! ;)