I planned a fuller update post regarding my recent absence and future plans, but the news of the day requires that I fast forward the plan a bit. I've been in transition for the past months, but I'm now in Toronto where I'll be in the Communications Director role at Ecojustice - Canada's leading environmental law non-profit - for the upcoming months.

Today was a major national media hit, as the federal government's disregard for the environment is finally getting the attention it deserves.

Earlier this year the Federal Government announced that 2,000 projects – including major works like bridges, highways and sewer systems – would be made exempt from environmental assessment. That number has now ballooned to 14,000, as the feds continue to be blind to the idea that the long-term health of our economy is linked to the health of our environment. The story received print coverage in the Globe and Mail and across the Canwest network.

Read my complete story at the Ecojustice Blog.

Over the coming months, we'll be revamping the entire online presence of Ecojustice, and I'll be posting there regularly in addition to returning to regular duty here at The Conscious Earth. Feel free to follow the work from the source as we take on Canada's polluters in the courts, or join our growing Twitter and Facebook communities. For those who are not familiar with our work, I encourage you to check it out. The results and impact of the organization was a major inspiration for beginning this blog, and over the coming months we'll be offering a range of new online content and ways to get involved.

More to come....