Cate says my Blogs this week have been dreadful.

Annie has accused me of Duck neglect and not providing news on news day.

I admit guilt to these charges. It hasn’t been a good week but if you had three cats – one of whom defecates five times each day and never in the same place twice – you would also be a bit absent minded about Blogging.

Things are going downhill rapidly in the Muffin-Moni relationship. Moni now attacks Muffin on sight and Muffin has responded by descending into a complete funk and now only leaves her spot on the ledge behind the bed to defecate on Cate’s pyjamas or in her shoes.

This is entirely appropriate behaviour by Muffin considering the circumstances and I might start doing it as well because it is not much fun here at the moment.

I have 300 litres of cat litter (No I am not joking) and 5 packets of paper towels. This should get the Woods through the first week and Gretchen can stock up when she arrives.

As I have said on many occasions – it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The only one without any problems at all is Sissi who romps around playing and biting anything at all. She has a very uncomplicated view of the world and reminds me very much of George W Bush (Remember him?).

I am not neglecting the Ducks and visit them often - I just haven't talked about them much.