I've been neglecting this blog again, as I've been busy, mostly stressing out over other things.

We had a summer camp at the arboretum this past week, and before that was all the preparation for the camp, and on top of that I had a bug slide-show that I had to prepare for. Then there were other personal things that distracted me, and not necessarily in a good way.

Here is something that distracted me in a good way for a few minutes last week. As I walked along the north edge of the arboretum's "lake" I saw a wriggling mass of what I thought for an instant were toad tadpoles.



The instant passed when I realized they had fins, not freshly sprouted amphibian legs.



Closer inspection confirmed they were baby catfish, right down to their little moustaches! By now, nearly a week later, they may have mostly been eaten up by the birds, turtles, etc.