Initially when I formulated this health completely whacko plan I thought I'd post up the results at the end of it. But sweet, supportive readers, I thought instead you could share the joys and sorrows of my journey towards getting ready for the City to Surf. It will also make me hugely accountable. This will then be followed by final preparations for the wedding. (Not mine, I hasten to add. If you are new to my blog, click here to find out why this big day is so important)
The impetus for this was a) keeping my cholesterol in check b) being a good role model for my children and c) because my new engagement ring was becoming uncomfortably tight.
So never one to do things by halves, I went out and bought some new running clothes and DH invested in a digital weighing scales. Can I just say these scales are really very unkind? My old ones clearly lied to me ALOT. But I guess honesty is important if a relationship is going to work, and let me tell you, these scales are honest sadistic and plain mean
Thankfully, the beautiful Lauren has started a jog blog on her, um blog. So I grabbed her button and away I went. If you haven't "met" Lauren then you should. Her story is , well it's her story to tell, but she is amazing.
I also downloaded this deceptively cute programme on my i-phone called "ShapeUp". I thought it would make life easier. It helps makes you track every morsel you inhale and has an alarming way of telling you just how much you still need to lose. It's pretty bossy for an i-phone application!
So this week, I've tracked my food, I've walked (and begun to jog) for 40 minutes four times this week too.
I have been asked by DH to point out that this is a JOINT AFFAIR. He is also on this health kick with me. We check each other's ShapeUp application each night and compare notes on how much we have eaten and exercised. Romantic no?
And the end results? I lost 4 pounds! (Yes I know alot of it is fluid)
And so I can see the changes, here is a before shot from the start of the programme.
If you laugh, I'm going to be VERY cross with you......



ps if you have any easy and yummy and low fat lunch and or dinner recipes you use or sites you could direct me too, I'd be so grateful. Fish and salad, meat and salad, and omelette is getting a bit dull!