It's been a busy few days.
Carly and I have been working incredibly hard on our joint project, with meetings, burning up the phonelines and emails being bounced back and forth.
I have been a teacher for ten years, but professionally speaking I can say, I have never been as fulfilled as I have been doing this. Throughout my adult life I always said I wanted to honour the memory of my brother's all too short, but precious life. I always thought I'd set up a scholarship fund for him or something like that.
But this?
This is it.
So amidst the rushing, the research, the deep reflection on every word written,
sometimes things get forgotten.
But my recent rediscovery of living "in the moment" has meant, that I've tried to tie up every pirate patch Miss B has asked me to tie. I've joined in the dancing (albeit, mainly on one leg) whenever Mr L shakes his nappy covered bottom to music playing on my i-phone and I have commiserated with Mr J when his lego creation isn't going as planned.
I know I've certainly given into food requests when I shouldn't (from the children!) because I have been distracted on the phone, but I've tried to be "there" for them.
But tonight?
well my husband is having a well deserved night with the boys, the kids will have an early night (I hope)
and I will light a candle and take a few deep breaths and just be.
And that's ok.