You know what makes me super cranky?
There is a story here, why won't people tell it?
As to what the story is, well it affects one in four women, and occurs in one in two hundred and forty pregnancies.
You with me?
So why isn't there a huge outcry?
Why aren't their dedicated support networks ALL over Australia to help women and families cope with their loss?
SERIOUSLY!
There are beautiful people like Carly who should be household names in Australia.
We have been working madly on our joint venture (it sounds sooooo grown up when I say it like that!) to launch for next week, more details soon I promise.
We have had enormous support from some quarters, SIDS Association thank you. BUT the silence from media outlets is deafening. I've written and called most of them. Vague promises but nothing concrete.
I guess if it doesn't have supermodel features, or isn't violent or crude enough, it doesn't rate.
But the internet is a powerful tool and believe you me, over the next few weeks and months, we'll use it.
Because this idea we've had?
If it helps just one family,
just one.
Then all our efforts, our phonecalls, our emails, our research, your contributions,
make it worthwhile.
Now I must be off, to make more harrassing phonecalls.
Broken toes don't only hurt, they make me feisty (and a little bit brave!)