I had a last minute small world cup party at my house to watch the USA v Ghana game (let's forget they lost). I made Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Buttercream, onion rings and pink lemonade. These were American things I could think of at the last minute to make. I almost made my own salsa and guacamole but decided to buy from Waitrose at the end. We did have Pimms which is English not American but it's my favorite summer drink.

I got place cards from Paperchase in Red, White & Blue for a last minute decoration

This is the first time I made onion rings and I thought they came out really good!

I think I made too much food for just 4 people!

Finally a chance to use my cupcake card holders!

Even though we lost it was a beautiful day and we had a good time!

Click here for the Peanut Butter Cupcake recipe and here for the Onion Rings