There are certain MYSTERIES OF LIFE I have taken to pondering in recent days. Mainly, as a means of escaping the ever growing list of THINGS I MUST DO OR THE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE.

So here they are:
1) Why have singers taken to singing their name at the start of songs? Really. Why do they do that? Is it a gentle reminder to themselves in case they forget it by the end, such is the strain of singing three verses and a chorus?
2) I have been eating like a horse lately. Though my diet is probably a tad more varied than that of a horse. So I cannot understand how my waist measurements have decreased by almost 3cm in recent weeks. Husband says it is the running training for the half marathon. I being a hypochondriac have been googling wasting away diseases. However I won't see a doctor until my skinny jeans are loose on me.
3) Why is it that whenever I am running late the phone always rings as I am flying out the door? If I ignore it I worry that it may be an urgent call. If I answer it it is always a telemarketer.
4) Why do my offspring never tell me when they have used up all the toilet roll? I swear half my life is spent dashing to answer their anguished cries when they find themselves stranded on the throne.
5) And given the events of recent days I wonder why oh why would anyone enter politics?
6) Why is it that wearing black does make me appear smaller? I am sure there is a scientific explanation.
What are your MYSTERIES OF LIFE?

PS Today is Red Nose Day. Please make sure you support this cause.