Poor planning on my part necessitated the removal of all the mourning cloak chrysalids from my net butterfly cage. I needed to use the cage at the arboretum over the weekend, and didn't want to risk damaging the chrysalids.  So I carefully removed each one, and tied them onto a stick which I had inserted into my pasta drying rack.

New use for the pasta rack
This is not a great shot, but you can see the whole set-up.

Chrysalis hanger

I tied the thread to the bit of silk at the base of each chrysalis, and secured the knot with a tiny dab of white glue.  Then I tied it to the stick.  The advantage to having them like this is that I was able to re-insert them into the butterfly cage when I was ready.  I took them to my friend, Mrs. W's classroom.  I expect the butterflies to emerge in another day or so.

Chrysalis