I made a mistake about the bacon at breakfast. It’s actually called roast chicken bacon which I guess means it’s flattened pieces of chicken. It is really flat. It looks like it has been flattened by the man who did my fish the other night. This is an angry man who has a grudge against fish and chicken.
Which explains why there was no bacon in my ‘Caesar salad’ the other night. Which means that the only prohibited import on the island alcohol. Which means that alcohol is less offensive than pork - which I can sort of understand - and it makes as much sense as anything else to do with religion.
I will say no more about this otherwise Wan will be up me like a rat up a drainpipe.
I had a look at the thing about ‘Blogs of Note’ and – scarily  - it seems that they are chosen by actual people. This means that someone read my blog and thought that it was worth recommending to other people. I would like to meet that person and question them closely about what goes on inside their head.
Until I got my Blog of Note  award I was not actually aware that such an award  existed. It seems to exist mainly so that hordes of spammers can descend to flog their wares under the guise of congratulating me for the award. I have spent much of the last two days deleting these.
I have had other many nice and delightful comments which I have been pleased to receive. Thank you to all those wonderful people who took the trouble to leave these pleasant comments.
Many others do not understand the nature of my blog and seem to take some of my comments seriously. I have – for example – been berated for having a Viennese horse conduct a monologue with another Viennese horse about Fox news. It is apparently none of my business what happens in America.
What a great idea. Find new blogs and tell the writers what not to write in their blogs. I could amuse myself for hours doing that! Brilliant!
Well – excuse the fuck out of me but it is my blog and I will write what I like about what I like. There is no subscription charge and no obligation to read it – or to leave comments.
On balance I wish I had never received that award. I have checked and it seems that my blog will remain in a prominent position on the ‘Blogs of Note’ page for another week or so. 
There us apparently no mechanism for having yourself removed – except prayer. I may try that. It has never worked before but you just never know. 
I shall remain under water for most of the time – surfacing only to delete spam.