I don’t know about you but I go through food phases. Specifically breakfast ones. Lunches are usually rustling up whatever leftovers will fill a sandwich from the fridge. The offspring have become adept and very creative at doing this. For instance, this is the sandwich my eldest made yesterday. 

Why yes, it does include a snow pea and two almonds as well. Creative and nutritious ;)
When it comes to breakfast though, I am a creature of habit. Two years ago it was porridge and a spoonful of golden syrup. I kidded myself I was eating a healthy breakfast. It probably would have been without the syrup. But it tastes so much better with it doesn’t it?
I finally switched about 8 months ago. It was a big day when that happened.
These days I have 2 poached eggs on a slice of toast. Every morning. I often have to get up early to have time to make it, or come back starving from the school run to make it. But it’s what I do.
I don’t skip breakfast. I was totally brainwashed by those ads saying it’s the most important meal of the day.
So it’s my weird thing.
Actually it’s one of my many weird things.
I’m willing to try lots of different things, but like the routine of this one.
Am I the only person who eats the same thing for breaky every day?

First Image courtesy of We Heart It.

· food