The thing I like about Sundays is its slowness.
I wake to find myself in a tangle of limbs. Between one to three of the the offspring burrow their way into our bed during the early hours of the morning, and I wake to their tousled heads and sleepy smiles.
There's the requisite mock wrestling with us and the day begins.
We potter round doing house projects that have dragged on for months.
We visit the local park and the children cycle round the lake.
With the cool in the weather I go for a short jog. Building up my fitness takes time. But on a Sunday that's absolutely fine.
I cook slow food for dinner. Risotto is a favourite. It's the kind of day where I can spend the time stirring the rice and chatting with the family. I had the pleasure of meeting Loukie Werle a few years back and she gave me her wonderful book and this recipe is brilliant.

Lemon Risotto with Rocket.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
400g arborio rice
125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus lemon wedged to serve
1.5 litres (6 cups) simmering chicken stock
90g freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 large bunch rocket, rinsed, spun dry and coarsely chopped.

Instructions:

1. Combine the oil and onion in a heavy based pan and cook over moderate heat until onion is soft.
2. Add the garlic and stir for a further minute.
3. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the wine and lemon juice and cook until absorbed, stirring constantly.
5. Add one cup of stock at a time and stir until absorbed. Continue until you have added all the stock.
6. If the stock runs out before the rice is cooked add some simmering water.
7. Add the parmesan and rocket and stir vigorously.
8. Stand for 3 minutes and then serve with the lemon wedges.

What are you having for dinner tonight? Hope you've had a lovely weekend x

Image courtesy of We Heart It.