The week in review:

The tooth fairy came TWICE.
We went to Scitech, the Zoo, the park and on a playdate.
I had an endoscopy
I had a mani-pedi. (Guess which was more fun?)
I bought a new low fat cookbook. I need new recipes. I need "Thinspiration" and my other books just aren't cutting it.
Now that the death threat has been lifted I've got back into planning in a BIG way.

1. The Wedding (which is turning out to be a nightmare, as the bride's Mother who is an Absolute MONSTER henceforth to be referred to as MON has taken to organising parallel events whenever the current arrangements don't suit her) Please note the Bride and Groom are paying for this wedding themselves. I really need to devote an entire post to venting about her. But an example of her monstrousness? She was upset that despite the fact that 60 of her nearest and dearest have been invited to the wedding, her 150 or so other "closest friends" have not. So she set about hosting a "special tea party" after the service BUT before the reception. She had the Bride printing out a separate set of invites for these guests. Except I found out about it. And cancelled it. She's not happy. More to come.....

2. THE holiday. I haven't had an actual holiday for over three years now (cue violins) Yeah, I feel sorry for me too. My sister in law who works in travel found airfares and accomodation for us for a great price, and we decided to just book it. Life is precious to worry too much about costs. And we need a break. We stupidly told the children though and now of course, it's all they can talk about. Miss Medium had laid her clothes out already. We don't go till mid-June.

3. Segue into HEALTH kick. Now being sick, miserable etc has done little for my fitness, eating habits etc. Hence the new cookbook and the need to recommit to get fit , again. I live in the hope one day, DH will turn to me and say. "Princess, I'll mind the kids, you go out and have some time for yourself."
But it isn't going to happen. I stand in wonderment at the ease with which he will call and say he will be late because he is off kitesurfing and the wind is up. Now I'm not being a submissive wife, truly. I encourage him to do that because he works hard, he is a great husband and daddy, and it makes him happy. But I need to be a little more, let's say, pro-active in making time for me. Because if I sit here waiting for someone to say it, well it won't happen.
And more importantly I want to look and feel great in a bathing costume in mid June!

4. The Service. Can I talk about it Carly? I need to check and get her permission. Seriously. But I'm thrilled to be involved in helping out with this one.

And finally, this week has been a toughie in some ways, but I have been moved beyond words at the support given to this lady. Somebody wrote some unspeakably cruel things on her blog this week. I wrote to some of you and contacted Lost and Found about it too. The support garnered was tremendous. It really reinforced for me how respectful we are of the disparity in our beliefs and choices. And I think that's wonderful.