I'm still sleepy from yesterday, thank you Mr (incredibly hot) Anesthetist.
My memories from yesterday include being hungry (I ended up fasting for about 20 hours prior, even though you only have to fast for 6)
My parents chatting and distracting me for ages while I waited to be admitted.
DH arriving and holding my hand.
Mr (incredibly hot) Anesthetist.
Have I mentioned him already?
Sorry, must be the after effects of the drugs.
I was very calm being wheeled into theatre.
Then, a combination of hunger, fatigue and anxiety saw me practically leap a mile when I saw the anaesthetist advancing with what looked like a HUGE needle.
I remember the Doctor immediately taking my other hand and distracting me by admiring my ring. I will always be grateful to her. She didn't belittle me for being scared, she was kindness itself.
Then
NOTHING.
My first memory post op is crying out: "Nuf, where is my Nuf?" and the nurse saying in a bemused tone
"What's a Nuf?"
It's my nickname I have for my husband.
He meanwhile, had sat down in the lounge to enjoy a cup of tea, safe in the knowledge I would be out for the next hour.
Scuppered that plan didn't I?
They bought him in to settle me.
Then I drowsed.
And drowsed.
I kept doing so all afternoon.
I was greeted by three overjoyed offspring when we got home later in the day. (I think the biscuits the nurses gave us, that we saved for them were really the cause of the joy)
Then I drowsed again.
Slept like a log last night.
Still drowsy this am.
It's lovely.
I'd like to lay on the sofa and enjoy it, but my children don't seem to be on board with my plan.
Oh and the problem?
Duodenal ulcer(s) most likely.
So the course of treatment I have been on has been the right one. Thank goodness for having the best GP EVER!
It's NOT stomach cancer. (I spent long hours worrying about this, as it was a possibility, albeit a small one)
Deo Gratias (and I really mean it!)
Sweet Danielle will most likely have the same procedure next week so I sent her a pic DH took of me straight after (don't worry, I asked him to!) As an aside, she has a blog makeover to celebrate her 40,000th visitor, and guess who that was?????