Muffin is enjoying the sun.

It hasn’t been a good day so far.

I waited to see the Doctor for 1 ½ hours, the wind is sending Muffin loopier than usual, someone in Germany has stolen our kittens – and Merisi is eating my ducks.

As we are on the top floor the wind howls around the outside of the apartment and – just like it did in Sydney – sends Muffin leaping around the house in a complete tizz.

When I went to see the Doctor it was warm and sunny and I took my jacket off as soon as I got there because it was so hot. When I came out 2 hours! later it was absolutely freezing and I had to run home. This is a very strange place weather-wise.

The German kittens which were due to come to Wien have instead been kidnapped by some insensitive Germans and didn’t get across the border. However, Rozalin is putting plan B into place and we have no doubt that soon we will have an appropriate number of kittens.

We have decided anyway that the kittens were the wrong colour – and because of their origins would have been too Teutonic for Muffin.

And I still haven’t been to the fitness centre because I am going to Istanbul on Thursday and next week Cate is going to Prague on Monday and I am following her on Wednesday. So there doesn’t seem to be much point in trying to get into a program until I can stick at it for a couple of weeks.

But I am walking every day and eating lots of salads. Oh YUM!

Cate is flying to Prague and I am driving Billy – and I am sure that he will enjoy the outing. I will pay close attention to speed limits and try not to get exasperated when BMWs howl past me at 200 KPH.

To enhance my salads I bought some of these strange looking things that they have in Spar here in bottles and appear to be different types of pickled things. Some of them I can identify but others may require forensic analysis.

Anyway – they taste – in general – quite interesting. Some more so than others – so I will keep experimenting. I haven’t had the courage to try the fishy things in jars yet but am working up to it.

Unconvinced by Cate’s experiment with Gruner Veltliner - Melissa did a test to see if her laptop could be killed by orange juice. It could.

I think these are both convincing demonstrations and no one out there need try it again.

I have received Possum's Academy Awards night questions but as none of them seem to be related to the last James Bond movie - which is the only one we have seen since we have been here - we have not got many correct answers:

Here are a four from the Quiz - the best I can do without cheating:

5.Heavenly Creatures (saw it with Possum)
7.Harold Pinter
11.Robert Sean Leonard
12.Hawaii