Shhhh
it's today.
You know.
My "ahem"day.
I've been spoilt and loved. And I am so grateful.
Each year as it ticks over means reflecting and goal setting.
At least it does for me.
DH and I met a family late last year. There was an instant rapport between us. In fact I'm thinking of setting up a mutual adoration society.
Anyway,
today during the school run, I felt very, very tired. It's easy to get weighed down by everything that happens to us and those around us. (Not helped by my youngest deciding to start my "celebrations" early, and by early I mean 4.30 am)
So I was thinking: "I can't do this," the "this" was the running training for our City to Surf. It just seemed like another thing to fit in. Another thing to add to my commitments. I' m starting full time work next week for a while and to say I'm feeling overwhelmed by it is an understatement.
I dropped the kids off and was was greeted with a warm hug and gorgeous gift by our friends. Then they told me how they are going to NEW YORK with three kids in tow to celebrate their upcoming 40ths by running the marathon there!
And on my drive home I thought about this.
Sometimes, when I am so tired that even breathing is an effort, that's all I need.
To be inspired.
Because then I aspire to do and be better.
So I'll be kicking ass in August.
Because if my friends can look beyond the obstacles facing them and do something as incredible as that.
Then 12km?
not a problem!
And for some gratuitous gift admiration, here are some pics of my delightful gifts including delicious cupcakes, some handmade cards, the most exquisite scented candle EVER, loving cards from my kids and the little blue box.....


ETA and my parents just came by and made another wish come true! My photos are going to get a whole lot better! Well they will once I charge the battery, read the manual and work out how to use it!