It's been a whirlwind week and I have alot of thoughts swirling around at the moment. But for tonight I am simply going to share some of the things I have done this week and share with you something funny (though it wasn't at the time) that happened this week.
Now the beautiful Monica always makes me envious with her delicious cooking and recently I have been looking for inspiration. So when my mum and dad invited me to a Cooking Evening I leapt at the chance! The way it works, is you pay a small fee and then a chef shows you how to prepare a delicious dinner at a reasonable price. He even gets to you to help out. Then everyone sits down to eat a delicious meal. There were 20 of us last night. His name is Dale Sniffen and he is just the nicest guy! He runs them once a month and I am going back for sure to learn more.
So without further ado:
Entree: Peppered Fish on Panzanella Salad

Main: Crispy spinach and ricotta ravioli with grilled seasoned fish

Dessert: Austrian apple and walnut strudel (and that's me helping add the dollops of cream, oh the points, the points!)


and yes, it tasted as delicious as it looks. DH is away the next couple of days so I am going to treat him to one of these when he gets home...deciding which one is a whole other issue!
Secondly, as you know I have been upping my fitness training. Last year was the year of "fatless" this year it's "fitness!"
So a friend of mine who is a personal trainer said to me she would give me a running training programme so I could start training for the City to Surf a 12 km run later this year.
I was so grateful.
I like a schedule.
So I didn't question the fact that my first day of training consisted of an 8km time trial run.
I am not joking when I tell you it was DREADFUL. One and a half hours of torture. (Yes I am slow) I blundered my way through it and if it was horrible at the time....
The next day????
Oh dear Lord.
I was in AGONY.
So I limped into school to drop off my son and my friend came rushing over to me saying: "S, S please tell me you didn't start my programme!!!"
I stared at her. "Why?" (maybe the bandaging round my shins indicated there was a problem)
"Because I gave you the wrong one, that is for a marathon, THIS is the right one."
And dear friends the right one? Well it started off with a 30 minute walk.
When I can walk without limping I'll give it a whirl.