I pride myself on being happy for others when good things happen for them. I am someone who is usually optimistic and positive.
But not this week.
This week I am ashamed to say I have been jealous and envious on many occasions. I'm not sure what bought this unaccustomed bout of ill feeling on. What I do know is that I'm over it now.
However this week:
If you had, or have possession of a nice kitchen, the chances are I have been filled with overwhelming envy of you. I am currently in the middle of a love/hate relationship with mine. Actually that's a lie. It's a loathe/hate relationship.  I HATE it. It's shabby, it's dark and pokey, the stove is unpredictable, the oven burns things and overall, it's totally unsuited to the demands of a family.
Hopefully, in the coming months this situation will change, but right now I am coping with it with gritted teeth.
Before anyone tells me I should be grateful I have a kitchen in the first place, may I graciously direct you to this post? It's my kitchen and I'll hate it if I want to.
Moving on:
I got a phonecall from a girlfriend asking me what I store frozen meals in. "Freezer bags" was my answer. Not rocket science surely? No, the question was merely a pretext for them to call me so they could tell me, they needed to make lots of meals to freeze them because they were going away on holiday. By themselves. To Bali. I was an unattractive shade of green by the end of that particular conversation.
Grand Finale:
reading a friend's facebook status that sounded like something out of Cinderella. Except that the clock didn't strike at midnight and Cinderella got to keep her fabulous gown. Instead of being excited for said friend, I was jealous. I didn't even comment on their status saying how amazing her night sounded. What an awesome friend I am. And then I caught up with her and blurted out how much I hated her and how jealous I was. And then she told me the fairystory, and I saw how thrilled and delighted she was. And I realised how shabby and dark I was being. Much like my kitchen. Which I hate. Have I mentioned that?

So after a long and tiring day I sat on the couch with a feverish again, bloody hell Mr. Small to watch a Barbie movie. He likes Barbie, what can I say? And I had a good think about what a horrible person I was being. The fact is I have a great life. It's filled with lots of amazing and wonderful things. So I apologise to my holidaying friend and my Cinderella friend for not being thrilled for you. Both of them have been so happy for me whenever good stuff has happened for me. But because I am only human, I will say this. Until I have a kitchen that is functional, I'm probably going to be jealous of you. So it's best that we meet at a park or something if you want to catch up.