In December 2009 I wrote a "To do" list for the year ahead.
Here it is:

1. Sign up for Bronze Medallion
2. Write a chapter of a book
3. Get a part time job
4. Complete a half marathon
5. Aim for happy.

Today I made the decision that I am NOT going to run the half marathon at the end of August. Yes, I've dropped it.
I realised that I don't think I can do it justice. Being sick derailed my training and I just don't see how I can get back on track in time to run 21km in less than 6 weeks.
Instead I'm going to do the 12km fun run instead. I have gone back and forth on this. I've bored myself senseless with an internal monologue about being a failure if I don't do it at the end of August.
But I will do a half marathon later in the year. It's on my list.
To me, apart from making this decision, what was interesting was that I have done all the other things I hoped to achieve. I'm pretty happy with that. In fact, I am thrilled!
Recently having read a post about having a wish board, I spent a very happy afternoon with my offspring doing the same thing. I think subconsciously I knew I needed a new list. We cut and pasted and glued and stuck things all over the whiteboard next to my laptop.


I love the riot of colour and variety. Kind of like life right now.
I'll keep you posted on how I go.
Do you have lists or boards or anything?
I love knowing how other people set goals for themselves.