Right now we are all VERY tired at Seraphim's house.
We are all pretty grumpy and a tad unreasonable.
Mr Small slept in my bed last night (and before ANYONE leaps in to criticise my parenting, re-read the above sentence please) He was joined around 4am by his two older siblings who share an aversion to storms and we had a cracker of a one at that time.
No one went back to sleep after that.
So Miss Medium stayed home from school. Mr Large reluctantly went and I am pinning my eyelids open with match sticks.
And we are all now lying on the couch together watching a perennial favourite. Thomas the Tank Engine.
I share a long history with this little engine. He grew up as a much loved member of my household as a child.
I can't open a cupboard in my house without a train track or train falling out the childrens cupboards, all the rest are neat and tidy
And today his DVD which has seen us through 4 years of rainy days so I know the soundtrack by heart is keeping us occupied.
Thank you Thomas.
And because I know you all like a party I thought I'd let you know that Thomas is having one. He's 65 (but he's sensitive about his age)
Apparently every Toys”R”Us store will be holding a birthday party on May 22 from 11.00am – 1pm. For me that's perfect as it is my brother's birthday so I am taking him to that instead. He'll LOVE it.
There will be a gazillion activities for children or your inner child. 
And now please excuse me.
I have to join in the singing: "They're two, they're four, they're six..."
What is your lifesaver DVD on days like this?