Sweet Couture Cupcakes

Sweet Couture Cupcakes opened near Covent Garden a few months ago and this was my first visit. I really wanted to like this place. It's really cute inside the staff were friendly and the cupcakes looked very pretty. Unfortunetly I'm on the fence. I had one bad cupcake and one ok cupcake.

Sweet Couture Cupcakes

I thought that the inside while very cute was trying really hard to be like Lola's or Sprinkles and not very individual. The cupcakes were also iced in two different ways. Most cake places seem to have their frosting style as a signature.

Sweet Couture Cupcakes

I always say this but the flavors on offer were really unispiring. Always the same, vanilla, chocolate, lemon and Oreo and not much else. I'd like to see more interesting flavors but I think their basics need a little work.

Sweet Couture Cupcakes

I got a Chocolate Toffee. It was not very pleasant. The only toffee I could taste was the little bit drizzeled on top. The icing was hard and tasted of nothing but butter. I ate all of it and regreted it later. It sat like a rock in my stomach. The cake part was ok. It was a little crumbly and had an ok chocolate flavor.

Sweet Couture Cupcakes

The chocolate cupcake was much better in comparison. I really enjoyed the chocolate frosting. It was smooth and had a nice chocolate taste. The cake tasted the same as the chocolate toffee.

Sweet Couture Cupcakes

I think that in a few months I'll go back again and see if they have any different flavors or if anything has improved.
For two cupcakes it was just under £5.00