One of the hardest things about watching people suffer is that so often you can't do alot to help. 
Geography, lack of knowledge or simply not having the skills can make it a huge exercise in frustration. 
Recently I wrote about my family friend. Our euphoria at her initial results was turned to despair a few days later, when the pathology results showed she needed a radical mastectomy and months of chemo, instead of the initial lumpectomy and radiotherapy as first hoped.
Which, by the way, I still thought was pretty bloody awful, but when it comes to breast cancer, it was an infinitely more preferable option.
And being on the other side of the country means I can't cook a meal, babysit her kids or sit with her when she's in hospital as I would love to be able to do.
So last night, when I was hanging out on Twitter which I do ALOT I admired the truly fabulous Carol Duncan and Naomi's new profile pics which were delightfully pink.
The conversation went like this:


Carolduncan: I think all the ladytweeps need pink



   
Me:  maybe we could have a pink Friday where we turn them pink? And raise awareness about breast exams at the same time? #thinkpink


*prompt reply from Carol*


Carolduncan: #feelthemupfriday


Me: Lets do it!


Now only Carol could up with such a succinct name for this event. She's written her story here
And so on Friday I will be doing something for my friend. I'm turning my avatar pink and I'll be tweeting non stop about the importance of self examination.
I hope you will ALL join in feel them up Friday.