I wrote recently about my obsession with things being clean and hopefully tidy. Clearly someone has a great sense of humour because yesterday my toddler did this:


After I finished hyperventilating,( I even took a couple of puffs from my son's inhaler to calm me down), I assessed the damage.
Fact 1: the sink was indeed COMPLETELY blocked with dirt.
Fact 2: cleaning the mess required me to use water.
Fact 3: using water would simply mean the sink would flood further.
So I did what every self respecting woman does when her husband is away and her DIY skills are inept. I called my dad and cried.
He came round and thankfully saved the day.
The chastened toddler spent a great deal of time lurking with great interest. He saw Poppa removing pipes underneath the sink and seemed intrigued. Needless to say, he's under close surveillance right now. Rearranging the plumbing would be the FINAL STRAW.
So after a stressful afternoon, it was sheer heaven to tuck him safely into bed and enjoy a relaxing board game with my older children. The board game was sent to me by the lovely team at Just us Kidsand it's called Figure Fun.


This game is aimed at children aged 5 years and older and they loved it. In view of my son's recent diagnosis of requiring extra support in a range of areas it was great to play a game that supported his needs.I'm a huge believer in kids learning through play. So games like this that are fun and educational get ticks of approval from me. And my kids too! There are two games within the one board game and it is easy for little hands to use.
The site itself is really accessible and filled with everything from baby toys through to a pirate excavation kit for the budding sailor. I also noticed that they are currently offering 15% off your first purchase.
But the nicest part is that they have kindly said I can give the board game Figure Fun away on my blog!
If you would like this board game for your own family, as a lovely gift for friends or family, or to even donate to a local school because they'd love it then please enter.
All you need to do is be a follower of my blog and leave a comment saying what you favourite board game was when you were a kid.
I'll pick a winner by random integer and draw it on Sunday.
Good luck!