This afternoon I met up with some friends at the park. Ostensibly it was a chance for our children to have a play, but really (for me at least) it was a free therapy session.
We were chatting about the year ahead and I said that with 2 children in full time school, and Mr Small sleeping in the middle of the day every day, I had time on my hands and I wanted to use it effectively. To write. My actual job is usually in the evenings and no, it's not THAT job!
I've said this many time.
And my "Stylist" friend turned to me and said thoughtfully:"You need to get organised."
And she's right.
I do.
My "Stylist" friend has been a wonderful addition to my circle of friends. She is without doubt, one of the most elegant people I've ever met. She was kind enough to "dress me" for my cousin's wedding last year, and it was one of the few occasions where I felt, well, stylish.
See proof of her transformative skills below.

So having been gently prodded by The Stylist I turn to you for advice and support. You have been extraordinarily generous to me in terms of feedback and advice in the past months, even years. I promise I'll return the favour!
I'm not sure where I go from here. I'm going to focus on feature articles at this stage. I've edited thousands of them for high school students over the years. I've even written a couple. BUT if I want to write I need advice and suggestions.
Jayne has been amazingly kind in letting me write my first "proper" feature article for Sunny Days Magazine and Christie has been very generous with advice on my approach.
So here's where I'm at.
I'm going to make a list of magazines and their publishing contacts that I would like to write for. A wish list as it were.
Then I suppose I have to come up with topics to write on. If you have any you think I could or should write on that would be great to know about.
And then?
And then I'm stuck.
Do I just write to these "publishing people" with an outline of my ideas and hope they like it?
Is there a specific way of doing this?
Do you think this is a good idea?
Any and all feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Because really I need to get organised.
HELP!