Now you didn't think I had forgotten had you?
This had been the thing that has kept me sane and centred during what have been two truly difficult weeks. Making the time to do running training in between hospital vigils and visits, as well as spending time with my gorgeous children and seeing my husband occasionally has been a challenge. However, it has kept my head clear and really destressed me.
As you know, the idea came from Lauren. Lauren lost her beautiful quadruplets prematurely and is an inspiration. I feel priveleged to be her friend.
For anyone new to this, basically jog blog is to get you out, moving and well, fit. Even if you aren't a runner, you can do this. Basically, just take the button and update how your training is going on a weekly basis. Because the truth is, (and as woman mainly read my blog, apart from my husband and ALL my brothers to my surprise) we need to look after ourselves by either getting fit, or keeping fit. Apart from those of you on strict bedrest of course!
I remember when I used to work out to an Elle McPherson aerobics video a loooonnnggg time ago, now there's a great way to boost your self esteem!
Apart from being wildly jealous of her amazing body, one of the things she said at the start of the video has stayed with me.
It was something along the lines of "By the end of the first week, you'll feel better, by the end of the second week you'll start to notice a difference, and by the end of the third week, others will notice it too."
Well frankly, no has said anything to me, but having lost SIX POUNDS thus far, I'm doing something right.
The other thing is, there isn't one person I know who has started working out and eating right who says:"Well I felt JUST TERRIBLE!"
Sure I've felt sore and hungry on occasion but most of the time I've just felt really great. For me, getting started was ther hardest part. And having to account for myself each week (thanks again Lauren for inventing this) has made it remarkably easy to do.
During one of my hospital visits dad sent me out for a while for a break and I found myself at a fantastic sports store. I actually ran into a friend of mine who is training for the New York Marathon. The man who was fitting her for her runners kindly enquired if I was going too? I haven't laughed so much in ages. Though I was flattered beyond belief he thought I could do something like that. Ha!
Anyway, they fitted me (properly) for some new runners.
I got these and they are just fantastic. No blisters or aching feet for me now.

Over the past two weeks I've done my hill sprints, and can I just say how much I LOATHE hill sprints? I'm only doing them because the actual run begins with what can only be described as a mother of a hill and it will cripple me from the get go if I don't train for it. I've also started interval training to help me run a bit faster.
This week, the pace steps up as we (Husband and I) now have to train five times a week. We are still figuring out how to fit it in. But we will.
Because I'm running for a great cause.
If anyone else would like to add their children's names to the t'shirt I am having made for this run, this is the last week because Rich and I need to work on it this week and then send off the pictures to be screen printed onto a t'shirt. And if any of my Perth girls are reading this, remember the City to Surf has a 5km walk section if you don't feel up to a run, then maybe we could catch up for a meet and greet after?