Mon - 8 miles (1,650 feet) easy. 1:17/ Horsetooth/Audra route. (CLs)

Tues - 4.5 miles track. 800 warm up (3:03); 3 x 1,600 (5:37 (3:00), 5:40 (2:53), 5:40); one mile warm down. Felt decent - much better than 5k race on July 4. Ran mile repeats at 85% or so.

Weds - 7 miles easy (1,500) with Chad. (WCs)

Thurs - 8 miles (1,650). 1:08. Worked the downs in prep for Leadville and also to make sure the Wildcats are going to work without too much slippage on the downs. (WCs)

Fri - 5 miles easy in Leadville (500). (WCs)

Sat - 26 miles. Leadville Marathon (6,000 feet). 3:54. (WCs)

Sun - 9 miles. Hiked Mount Elbert, ran down. 3:10. (4,500 feet).

Total: 68 miles (15,800 feet of vertical gain).

Wow, big climb week at high altitude. Despite all the hills I climb in training, I felt like the climbing was my main weakness during the Leadville Marathon this weekend. Was reduced to a walk for at least 20% of the climb up Mosquito, and in places through the last few grunts of the race. Yes, this is a tough, energy-zapping race, but I really thought my climbing would be stronger. Perhaps the one positive on the climb front was that I was climbing harder and deeper through the last quarter than the two guys I was racing for fourth, so maybe it all evened out and I would have been in bigger trouble late if I'd pushed Mosquito harder.

I still feel like I'm missing a certain zip in my stride since Bighorn. Everything feels okay, just a general lack of energy and desire to push hard. Burnout? Could be.