Spring has well and truly sprung. I swear this sunshine has renewed and invigorated me and my little clan. The holidays are a mix of lazy mornings, followed by frenetic afternoons of packing and shifting things around. I could get frazzled about the mess and chaos surrounding me, but I choose not to. Do you hear that brain?
Instead, let's look at my current list of FAVOURITE THINGS.

1. Sparkling elderflower cider. How did I not know about this before? This stuff is nectar. As someone who doesn't really like to drink this gives me a drink that looks "grown up" and tastes, well, like Spring.





2. I'm a sucker for a beautifully wrapped parcel. So really they had me at the soft tissue paper and the beautiful green ribbon. But when a PR company asked me to trial the new Dettol handwash dispenser I said: "YES please!" Partly because I'm a wee bit hygiene obsessed and who hasn't seen the adverts for them on TV? I blame them for unleashing Mr. Small's latent OCD tendencies. He happily washes his hands at every opportunity, entranced by the seemingly magical way the dispenser "senses" his presence and just gives him soap. It's really quite marvellous.
I'm hoping the builders descending upon us shortly will feel exactly the same way.


3. Sparkly sandals. I don't need to explain these to you do I?


4. Felicia. Now Felicia is not a thing, but she is definitely one of my favourite people. She staggers up my driveway clutching samples, tiles and fabrics that positively swamp her tiny frame. She is unfailingly patient with mine and Husband's delicious little idiosyncrasies.
She has really encouraged me to stamp my personality on this project and not to be shy in saying when I like or dislike something. Guess which one is harder for me?
She has warned me that this is the fun part and that when the building work starts I may find it stressful. I sit and smile at her and repeat the same thing every time. "Yes, BUT I can phone you and know you'll sort it out." And I have great faith that she will.
*sigh* If only everyone had a Felicia, life would run much more smoothly.

5. Chocolate cake in a cup. Thank you Kidspot Social for this genius idea.


6. Dinner out with husband tomorrow night. Minus our delightful offspring.

7. Saw a preview for this movie. Kind of scary and gripping at the same time. While I love my girl movies and husband is a sci fi buff, this is where we find our common ground. And I usually grip his hand tightly throughout. Perfect for a date night!



Now what are your favourite things this spring?