I've been dying to make these since I came back from the US. I bought a bunch of candy and chocolate molds at Hobby Lobby. There are a lot of things you can put in a cup mold but I had to do peanut butter first! I used dark chocolate and made a salty peanut butter filling so it wasn't too much an imitation Reese's.

Cross Section

Yum!

Best $1.99 I spent!

Ingredients

300g dark chocolate (I like using a baking chocolate that sets easily)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
sprinkles, nuts or peanut butter drizzle for extra decoration

1. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for one and a half minutes, stir, and let cool for a few minutes.

2. Make the peanut butter filling by mixing the peanut butter, icing sugar and salt in a medium sized bowl.

3. Using a pastry brush brush the inside of each cup thoroughly. Make sure it is even and not too thin.

don't make a mess all over the tray like I did


4. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.



5. Take out of the freezer and put 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling in each cup


6. Spoon melted chocolate over the peanut butter covering it completely but not spilling over. Add any extra decorations at this point before the chocolate sets. Tap the tray once on the counter to level and let out any air bubbles.

7. Put back in the freezer (on a level surface) for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the freezer turn upside down and tap each cup. They should fall out like ice from an ice cube tray.


8. Add any peanut butter drizzle after they come out of the freezer. This won't set.

I think they taste good cold so I keep them in the refrigerator. They are dangerously addictive!