I didn't want to write a post about saving today. I didn't want to do anything about Febu-Save today. Or yesterday for that matter. I probably won't tomorrow either.
It's not like I'm getting paid to do it or there is any real incentive to stick with the programme.
In addition my husband flew away (again) for work and really all I want to do to cheer myself up is go shopping. I want to get some nice things together and start making up the goody bags for my son's birthday in a few weeks.
But that's the thing isn't it?
For many of us we begin saving programmes with the best of intentions. We will stick to the budget; we will give up takeaway coffee; we will phone around and get quotes for cheaper insurance; we won't go to the shops, instead we will buy things online to avoid added temptation; we will hold off on lay-buying that absolutely gorgeous MIMCO handbag we've fallen madly in love with. No, wait, that last part is just me.
I think this is where it starts to get hard. We've made a commitment to save money. The first couple of weeks have gone well. I'm starting to see a difference. There is a bit of extra money in the account.
So where's the harm?
Why don't I spend it. After all, I saved it?
That's where I have to remind myself why I started saving in the first place.
For me, it's about the much anticipated family holiday later this year.
And like so many things in life, like exercise, eating right, looking after myself, no one is paying me to do those things either. I should be grown up enough to choose to do that myself.
We all have off days.
We all have days like the ones I am having at the moment.
But I'm sticking with the plan
Febu-Save.