Raw

Thank you so much for your encouragement yesterday.
An hour long meeting with his teacher resulted in a few key steps being taken.
He's starting an intensive literacy intervention programme being run by the school.
And I'm starting speech therapy with him next week.
The second recommendation took me by surprise but I have a suspicion it all goes back a long way to when he was a toddler. Multiple ear infections, speech delay and bilateral grommets. I suspect he missed out on "key sounds" then.
Based on some good advice I'm stepping back and being his parent and not his teacher. Other than purchasing a subscription to the "Reading Eggs ABC" programme for him to do at home I am not doing anything else with him.
He loves "Reading Eggs" and I think it can only help him. He is learning through play which is great for his age group.
We'll continue doing regular homework together but that's it.
I feel lucky that not only has the problem been picked up, but we have access to this kind of help.
In six months time I hope to have a very happy ending to this chapter in my boy's life.
I will of course, keep you posted.