A quick update on my post from Friday announcing that Victoria has been ordered to stop dumping raw sewage into the ocean.

The link to the original press release has now been fixed, and in addition, here are two articles covering the story from the weekend.

"Under the Environmental Management Act, I have the authority to require them to bring a plan for me that will become legally binding and that's what I indicated today," Mr. Penner said in an interview.
"It's now time to stop talking about whether they need to treat sewage but...how they are going to do it and I look forward to receiving their plan."
- Barry Penner, BC Environment Minister.

The announcement is a huge victory for the marine environment of the Georgia Strait, and for residents on both sides of the Canada-US border. It can also be seen as a pivotal environmental move from the BC Liberals who re-established the Ministry of Environment in their second term of office after scrapping it in their first.