Digital Literacy starts out with the author talking about what the internet is and how he became involved in it. Mr. Gilster is basically just introducing the internet to us and giving us a definition of what it is. I do like this introduction because he's giving us a chance to get used to his writing by just talking about something simple like an intro. I admit that I do think it is long though. I mean, how long must you go on about what a unique piece of technology has been founded here and how it's going to make our world grow tremendously. I'm sure that this is for the readers who are a bit anal though. That's what we discussed in class- how this book was written for people who are unsure about what the internet is and how scared they are of it. The intro is almost like his way of getting us hooked, thinking that this book will teach us enormous things. Which it might but the author almost seems too boring to learn from so far.