St. Paddy's day is coming up!  To be perfectly honest, I've only ever made ONE set of St. Patrick's Day cookies, some very simple shamrocks when I first began this cookie journey.

In the years that followed, I always had good intentions to make more, specifically Leprechauns, but one thing always stopped me.  I just could not find a cutter I just really loved...

So, this year my mission was to find a way to use the cutters I already had to make a leprechaun I could be proud of. 

Here's what I came up with =)



This one is probably my personal favorite.  This Frankenstein cutter is one of my favorites.  I have used it for SOOOOOOO many things!



This design was also pretty high up on my list.  all I did was snip off  his chin, and I had the perfect base for my leprechaun!


This snowman has also turned out the be a pretty handy dandy cutter.  I could have skipped the trimming altogether, I just did it for grins...

I didn't like this cutter much as a wreath, but it sure made a cute leprechaun!


Lots and lots of you probably own this common Wilton cutter.  I happen to have to old plastic one that I acquired from my mom, but the newer coated metal version is still easy to find.


This is another one of my favorite, easy to locate Wilton Cutters.  I have used this one for Frankenstein, Santa, snowmen, Scarecrows, Christmas, Valentine, and Birthday cup cakes, and now leprechauns.  I think this is one of my all-time most useful cutters!


This cutter actually belongs to Belle.  I am constantly stealing it from her playdough kit =) I ♥ it!

And even if you have nothing else available but a simple round cutter, {or a tin can biscuit cutter} Leprechaun cookies are not out of reach!


It took me a long time to learn not to be restricted by cookie cutters.  Be creative, use what you have, and make it work for you!


Happy decorating!