Looking back I can see a pattern. I like things to be simple. Perversely this comes from the long held realisation that most things are not actually that simple.
Wouldn't it be so much easier if they were?
All this week I've been feeling very out of sorts and irritable. I was even getting frustrated trying to figure out why the hell I felt that way. This has been the year where I have acknowledged this flaw in my character and tried to embrace life with all it's glorious and wonderful complications.
Except a lot of these complications suck.
I've always loved the Occams Razor theory that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I think it's because I like the easy option alot of the time. So I'm trying to apply it to my life right now.
Observed phemomena 1:
The renovations get worse and messier each day. Really they do. I try to smile and laugh when I'm told about delays or changes to the schedule, but seriously, "get it together people!"
And where is the explanation to that?
According to my husband I need to chill out. This is what happens during renovations. All true, but I am finding it very hard to accept that people can't stick to their bloody deadlines anyway. And I know people mean well but it doesn't help when people say: "it will all be worth it in the end." It's like telling a 42 week pregnant mother with 2 year old twins, that it will all be worth it when the baby arrives. That maybe true, but when you're swollen, tired and exhausted you don't care. You just want someone to lay you in a hammock and pass you cool drinks and let you have an uninterrupted sleep.
Observed phemomena 2:
The trip to Sydney is complicated. I can't explain in detail here, mainly because you would most likely die of boredom. Thinking about it makes me want to die of boredom too.
Trust me when I say there is no simple solution to this one.
At least, not yet.
Occam, where are you?
Observed phemomena 3:
If you send something to someone and they acknowledge you have sent them something and will be in touch, what's the etiquette? Do you acknowledge their acknowledgement? Or do you shut the hell up?
Actually, maybe that's what I need to do.
ETA It is a truth universally acknowledged that cat's vets bills and car trouble are both pricey and stressful. I've also had those in the last 24 hours too.
Right. I promise I am shutting up now.