Due to the fact that his older siblings are at school Mr. Small spends a great deal of his time going everywhere I go.
In recent months this has involved what he would deem "boring" trips to select ovens and tiles, or to choose carpets and fittings for the bathrooms.
Whenever we get out of the car to go into the shop I intone in my deepest, gravest voice: "Now *Mr Small* remember to have GOOD BEHAVIOUR."
And in an equally deep, grave voice he says: "Yes mummy, GOOD BEHAVIOUR!"
Usually we depart fifteen minutes later, with me flustered and sweat dripping down my back with a very cranky Mr. Small in tow.
You see, I can say those words and he can agree with them, but in his eyes they are meaningless. He just likes being able to say what I say. Fortunately these disastrous trips are becoming rarer, as I learn to make decisions more quickly, and he too learns some patience.
In many other ways however, he is a VSH (very small human)
At night-time he loves nothing more than to fall asleep to the sound of his daddy reading him a book. He kisses his big sister whenever she is crying. He joins in everything his older siblings do even though he can't do it very well.
They, being VSH's themselves, are very tolerant and understanding of his need to take part.
He insists on "helping" the builders whenever we visit our house.
He loves nothing more than helping me sort the laundry or if I'm helping out at a craft project at school. He isn't very good at them, and if I let him help it takes ten times as long, but I've really learned that my VSH wants to be an active part of my life.
So together we bake, we shop, we chatter and sing.We are able to go on "coffee dates" together where he gabbles away about everything from the full moon to the fascinating artefacts that clutter our local haunt.
 I've learned to soak up every minute of it.
Because all too soon my order will only be for one...


*Mr Small* not his real name obviously