I can't figure out if it is the possibility of impending/possible no we STILL don't know life change or because we finally decided to get ourselves organised, but the past couple of weeks have been frenzied at our house.
Projects that have just been left for months, in some cases, years, have suddenly taken on an urgency to complete. It feels everywhere I look something is happening. As well as this I'm working alot with students getting ready for exams and for ACER as well. So I'm dashing from home to work, to home to work (because, I work from home) I'm so confused! My husband is also away for work most of this week, so juggling work and home often means putting the balls firmly on the ground so I can just play with my children.
Even my blog isn't safe from being changed!
And I feel bad. Because none of it is complete and I am longing to show you.
It's like Show and Tell without the show.
But there's been alot of fun in the process.
Tell:
1. Blog makeover
2. Picture Frames
3. Garden
4. Dining Room
5. Haircut
1. I'm getting a new look for my blog. My life is undergoing many changes at the moment. I think really it's a transition or a crossroads. So I hope this new look reflects that. I'd also say how I love working with Danielle. She is always honest with me about whether she likes or dislikes something and at the same time instinctively "gets" what I am trying to do. Go see her!
2. DH and I have spent AGES researching the best frames for the pictures my brother took of our family. Why would frames require so much thought and effort? Because he took 20 INCREDIBLE photos and we want to do them justice. Being bargain hunters, we wanted style and value for money. And yes, it's possible to have both!
You will be able to tell me if we've succeeded next week I hope. It's funny how we both have such similar tastes in things and the frames we chose, we both said almost simultaneously: "Those ones!" and then we started laughing. Because that's typical.
3. You know my garden saga? If you don't and really you should, read here. Well in the end I got a quote for REAL lawn at one tenth of the price we were originally quoted. Yes ONE Tenth! Again, this is a work in progress. I have four beer drinking, chain swearing men in my garden at the moment installing it. Needless to say I'm keeping the kids inside until its done. This should be finished up in full in a week. Aren't you excited?
4. I decided that I'd participate in Kelly's Korner Home show this coming week. It's dining rooms. So I decided to give the room a much needed polish and move the furniture around. This was unwise. I think possibly I am the only person to sustain a hairline fracture in order to participate in her Show and Tell.


And there isn't even a prize for it. Ha! One thing I noticed amidst the dusting and polishing is that we sourced most of our furniture from auctions and that we also have some beautiful antiques inherited from Nanny (my paternal grandmother) How lucky am I?
Want to see them?
Come and see me on Friday.
5. It's not exaggerating slightly to say I've been suffering bad hair days for over a month now. Clearly the situation needs addressing. It will be on Thursday night. I'll spare you photos of that though!
Have a good week everyone and thank you all for your lovely comments recently.
xxx