Wow! our Dining Room! It sounds so formal and for us it's a room filled with love, cuddles and laughter.
It's a room that gets quite the workout. We eat breakfast here as a family every morning and then I use it for work and the children use it to do their homework each night. My brother (the professional photographer) also uses it sometimes for photo shoots. Lot's of magic happens in this room.
This table was given to us by my parents. (Thanks mum and dad!) We are in the process of having it restored. It can seat up to ten people and we are getting the original middle reinstalled. Ignore the mismatching chairs. They belong to another table and we'll get matching chairs for this one...someday!

The sofa and cabinet here are the fruits from an auction I used to frequent. I still remember spotting them and saying the the auctioneer: "Did someone decide to move overseas?" and him saying to me
"No, someone got done for drug dealing!"
Their possessions were taken and sold to raise money for our local police force.
Glad I could help!
I love nothing better than snuggling down on these couches to read a book in the evening, and many, many hours were spent on them feeding Mr Small. I store hide all the childrens toys in the table/box when we have visitors.

This is a side shot of the room. The trunk in the corner is one I bought at an antique auction whilst living in the UK. Note the kids daily calendar above it. They love using it!

This is one of the photo shoots my brother did here recently.

We created this photo in the dining room.

This side cabinet is also a family heirloom. I use it to display various items as the mood takes me.
It's also the place where I store precious items.

Like Fred.
Who is Fred?
Fred is my ADORABLE penguin we got when DH and I were holidaying in Venice (sigh) many years ago. We found him on the island of Murano and he represents some very happy memories for us. Please note the sweet little goldfish swimming in his tummy! The pictures of me, DH and Mr Large in the square crystal were taken in San Francisco about five years ago. Another lovely memory.


So that's my Dining Room, thanks for visiting!
As a side note, I've been complaining about having bad hair days for ages now. And to prove I haven't been exaggerating even slightly here is a BEFORE shot taken by Richard. At least the lighting is great even if my hair is HORRIBLE. After photos soon! I'm specifically asking for "The Kelly" cut :)