I'm back Weight Watching, counting points, grimly, grumblingly, but I am counting them. The last few days, okay, two weeks have been a food party for me, but I promised myself I'd get back on track on New Years Eve.

Having lost over fifteen kilos this past year, I know exactly how much to eat to maintain goal weight and let's just say, I have taken my eye off the ball and averted it from the scales too!
As we drove back from our all too brief holiday down south, I was having an internal dialogue with myself, in between refereeing the kids on the back seat. It went like this:
Bad me: "Start tomorrow, seriously, you've been eating everything the last two weeks. What difference does one more day make? Have the almond croissant DH bought you. It's DELICIOUS!"
Good me: "No, then it's just another day I feel bad about. I have learned to enjoy being a bit hungry."
Bad me: "You know you want to!!!"
Good me: "Oh I know, but I won't"
Bad me silenced, but the croissant lay there temptingly all the way home.
Then came the phone call.
The one where my dad told me, my dear sweet uncle, the cheeky, irreverent uncle I adore, is in a Coronary Care Unit in South Australia. These 24 hours are critical. 
He and his wife had only just arrived here on a plane flight from the UK. He was saved after being down for fifteen minutes by an angel who didn't know CPR but wasn't going to let this man die in his restaurant.
Some back story probably useful here, my uncle has been overweight most of his life and lost weight a few years ago and has kept it off. So his heart attack? totally unexpected, as was the discovery 0f over 90% blockage of two arteries.
So while I am praying for him and his speedy recovery, I bin the croissant and purse my lips.
Because that is NOT what I want to happen to me, and with two out of the three men on my dad's side now having had heart attacks and me with already alarming cholesterol readings and raised BP I need to keep my mouth shut
literally.
Can I just wish a Happy New Year here to those of you who take the time to read my musings? Especially dear Bec http://crazyladyramblings.blogspot.com/ and beloved Carly http://scarletriver26.blogspot.com/ . Both of you are on such challenging journeys but you both find laughter in the rain, Bec with your handbags (and I totally share your obsession btw) and Carly with your ministry to grieving parents the world over, you resonate hope. I stand in awe.
xxxx
ps have watched the "Twilight" movie after obsessively pouring over all four novels. Can I just say I spotted Robert Pattinson first? (in the Harry Potter movie) I earmarked him for stardom. So nice to be proved right!