It's my DH's birthday this weekend and we just recently celebrated twelve years of marriage. I married young, and even now, still jokingly tell people I was a child bride.

The funny thing is when I married him, I was absolutely sure that it was the right thing to do, despite the cautions of family and friends about my youth. 
In twelve years we have been able to travel and work overseas and are blessed with our beautiful family. However it hasn't all been smooth sailing.
At one point whilst overseas, I initiated a trial separation from him because I really didn't feel I loved him anymore. He was working nights, we never saw each other and my heart drifted away. I have my brother to thank for saving our marriage, we had booked a holiday away and I didn't want to go and he persuaded me to try again. So I did. And we just clicked back in again. In fact, people were asking if we were newlyweds because we were so blissfully happy together.
The thing I learnt from that time is this. Love is beautiful. It is sacred. It is also incredibly hard work and requires effort to sustain it.
I watched my parents endure so much together over the years and they are inseparable from each other. My mum wisely pointed out to me, a partnership requires work, and walking away is all too easy an option and sometimes we should just remove it from the menu all together. I liken it to watching my weight. If the chocolate isn't in the fridge, I won't eat it! 
I am not advocating this for everyone , or anyone. I just wanted to articulate that this is the choice I have made. I am blessed to have a partner I love and respect and he does me. 
He is the one who carried my  burdens when they become all too heavy and I wish him only happiness and joy for the forthcoming year.
For me, there is only you.
PS Can I say a HUGE thank you for the comments posted on my previous post, they cheered and sustained me on a difficult day. I am now in the throes of helping my eager cousin happily plan her 18th and my little boy is restored to full health after great care and antibiotics!