Sweet Emilie slipped away the night before last. She was holding her beloved husband's hand. At a time when we celebrate the birth of Christ, we mourn the passing of loved ones who are not here to share this time of celebration.

I could rant at the unfairness of a young mother leaving her children behind. I really, really could. But it then dredges up all the other unfair things that happen, and as I have said previously, I accept it as part of the cycle of life. 
It still sucks though.
However,
today has been a day of great joy, watching our children awe at the magic of present time and admiring the crib at our Church. Having my whole family together for Christmas for the first time in YEARS has been truly wonderful and I am so thankful for that.
Today has been a day of reflection and deep thought.
To borrow from Thomas Campbell: 
"To live in hearts we leave behind 
Is not to die."