It's rare for a mother, teacher or most people I guess, to wish for this, but all week I have been praying I am wrong. You see, my little boy Mr J has been sick, very sick. Luckily I have access to great medical care, more so than most people, and for that I am grateful. But I have been worried about him for a few weeks now and finally demanded some tests for him. Some of the results have come back clear, others not so good. So another round of tests begin. I feel like I am living in an episode of "House" and I keep wishing the episode would end soon. Hopefully in three weeks time this will all seem like the remnants of a bad dream and more importantly, Mr J will be his usual happy, lively self again. He is on a truckload of antibiotics for now so fingers crossed that helps.

More cheerfully, this week I have met up with Santa several times. It mystifies Miss B how he can be at so many different shops to meet her each time. I love the wonderment of a four year old. However, given that I have done her Christmas shopping, wrapped and stashed it away, I nearly had heart failure when she recited a wish list to Santa that included NONE of the things I have bought for her!
It is the season of Advent, the time of waiting and preparation, the children mark off the advent calendar each day and my husband and I have chats about who, what, when, where to get/go for Christmas. We are blessed to have TWO Christmases. We celebrate with his family on Christmas Eve in keeping with his Eastern European heritage and then with my family on the day itself in keeping with my Western European heritage! So no clashes, just one very lucky family.
So I hope my main Christmas wish comes true that my darling boy will be all better for it. In the meantime I carry on cheerfully continuing to enter competitions when I can, last week we went to a movie preview screening of "Four Holidays" which was only ok. This week we are going to a breakfast with a local radio station called "The Bunch Big Christmas breakfast" should be fun! Entering competitions is a nice hobby for me and adds an element of excitement to life. Who knows what the postie will bring?
Enough rambling for now. More soon xx