Remember the other week, when I saw 3 sphinx moths on my porch, and thought it was special?
Well, Michael came home from Jessi's house late last night after I was already in bed, and he had to wake me up to ask, "Guess how many sphinx moths are on the porch?!"

"Three?" I guessed, supposing history might be repeating itself.

"Six!" he corrected.

I think I started to go back to sleep, but then he came back to my bedroom door and said, "Aren't you going to come and see them?"

Well, Michael doesn't often become enthused about bug stuff, so I hauled myself out of bed and let him point out all the moths. Squinting beneath the porch light, we counted not six, but seven. This was apparently interesting enough for even the reclusive Brice to come and have a look. It was nice. The boys were laughing and cussing good naturedly as the big moths flew around our heads, and I found a black widow spider on our front door and slapped it with a nearby garden clog.

Eventually we went back inside, and I went back to bed. Jerry managed to sleep through the whole thing.

I didn't take pictures at the time, because the moths were flying around quite a bit, and there's no way I could have gotten all 7 in one shot, but here's one representative who was still on the porch this morning.