There were a couple of things I couldn't identify. Well, I guess I should say, I haven't really tried to identify them yet. But at this point, I really don't know what they are.

At the Joshua Tree visitor center, on some plants at the beginning of a little trail near the building, there were lots of these fluffy things. Galls? Egg cases? My brain wanted them to be praying mantis egg cases, but there were too many of them all over the plants, and the sizes too varied, from pea-sized to walnut-sized.

Some of them had what appeared to be exoskeletons of tiny insects. Could they have been a parasitic wasp of some kind?



Then there were these mysterious floating eggs in the pond at Barker Dam.



I fished them out for a closer look, but it didn't help. It looks like each enlongated yellow egg has a bunch of tiny round eggs inside. All were suspended in a glear gelatinous fluid, similar to frog eggs.

So I guess I should try to find out what these are sometime.