Recently I stayed with someone who very kindly offered me a cup of tea. I watched them pour it into a cup with no handles, that appeared to be made of plastic. It was at that point I got a bit nervous. Was this some kind of hazing ritual testing my ability to cope with being burnt ?
I took the cup gingerly only to discover it was cool to hold.
Was it a magic cup?
No.
It’s one of those double insulated ones.
I love finding things like this.
Something a bit different.
I’m not the only one apparently. They’re apparently impossible to find in store. I eventually got one with handles which kind of diminishes the magic effect. I'm still holding out for the 'magic ones.'
The cuppa itself was wonderful. Thank you to my host.
Do you get excited about finding things like this?

Image courtesy of the Bodum Website