Thanks to everybody for the nice comments about the hummingbird nest. This is an Anna's hummingbird, by the way. They are very common here in Southern California.

Hummingbird egg x2
Now there are 2 eggs:)  They are about the size of Jelly Belly jelly beans.

Mama sits on the nest
I have learned that hummingbirds lay their eggs a couple of days apart, but the babies still hatch together because the mama hummer doesn't really start incubating until she's done laying. That explains why, when there was only one egg in there, she was away from the nest all day, and now she's staying put. But I also think that she is becoming more wary of me and my camera, even through the window.  And when I walk out the front door, (and the bush with the nest is right off the front porch), she zooms away.  That's how I got the picture of the two eggs in there.   She returns to the nest as soon as I leave.   So I'm going to try to stay away from her as much as I can.  I'll go in and out through the garage, so I won't disturb her too much.  I won't really need to take pictures of her for a while anyway.  What you see now is pretty much what she will be doing  for the next couple of weeks.  I will update when the eggs hatch.