Last week my brothers and I went out for dinner in Sydney. This was exciting because we rarely have time to catch up. It was one of those dreamy little Italian restaurants that you fantasize about sometimes. Except it was real. And it was amazing. It was tucked away in that delightfully wholesome suburb of Kings Cross.
We put ourselves in the hands of the owner pictured here, er, holding my hand.


It didn't disappoint. Dish after dish was served up, each more delicious than the last.

But for me the discovery was truffle.
We had a truffle risotto which was probably one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten.
I feel a tad wistful that I've missed so much of life without tasting it before. Though as husband pointed out, that's probably saved us a hell of a lot on the food bills.
So yesterday I went and bought this teeny tiny, and yet still expensive bottle of truffle oil.

I've had it on poached eggs, in a sandwich and in a risotto for dinner tonight.
It's rocked my world.
Is anything rocking yours right now?