Mini Pumpkin Pie

I made these using the little bit of leftover pumpkin pie filling that I had since I couldn't bear to throw it away! You could also make several of these instead of one large pie. I wish I'd had a little bit of whipped cream. They would have looked really cute with a drop in the middle.

Mini Pumpkin Pie
These were great. The pie popped right out after it had cooled

I threw about 10 leftover ginger nut biscuits in the food processor and then mixed in a bowl with a few tablespoons of melted butter and then pressed into the mini fluted tart tins.

Mini Pumpkin Pie

I baked it in the oven for 10 minutes and then put the pie filling in and baked it again, but I don't think it's necessary as the edges became too crisp! I think blind baking would be good idea if you wanted to fill the crust with fruit and custard (or other filling that doesn't need baking) and then chill in the refrigerator.

Mini Pumpkin Pie

So press the crumbs tightly and evenly into to tin (covering the sides too) and fill with leftover pie filling and bake for 15-20 minutes at 425 F/220 C.

Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from tin. Gently run a knife along the sides to help release the shell.

Happy Thanksgiving and remember there's always room for pie!